“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old but building the new.” - Socrates.
In my early 20's, I left my corporate career in marketing for a career in health and wellness. In my late 20's, I found out that I was pregnant and spent the next 9 months preparing for motherhood. These were huge life shifts and my meditation practice was instrumental in helping me embrace all of the changes taking place. Use this affirmation based meditation anytime you feel change knocking on your front door.
Affirmation Meditation: Embracing Change
- Come into a comfortable seated or reclined position
- Close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth
- Scan your body for any areas of tension or resistance
- When you find an area of tension, rest your awareness on this space, send your breath directly into the space until it dissolves down and out of the body
- Next, bring your awareness to your heart space. Imagine a source of white light at the center of your chest and allow this light to illuminate your body.
- Continue to fill the lungs with breath and spread light throughout your whole body.
- Now, start to silently repeat one or a few of the affirmations below. Repeat the affirmation over and over again. If your mind wanders onto a new thought, return to the affirmation to bring you back into your meditation.
“The universe supports me in all of my endeavors.
I embrace change effortlessly and with ease.
The road ahead looks promising and abundant.
There is opportunity all around me.
I am willing to open my gaze to new horizons.
This journey was perfectly paved for me and I embrace every step along the path.
I release my fears and step into flight.”
- Continue for as long as you like or until you feel clear of any negativity or self doubt.
- Slowly take 5-10 deep breaths to conclude your meditation.
Change is a constant part of life and the more we begin to go with the flow, the more ease we will experience through the transitions. It is not always easy and sometimes the waters are rocky. That is part of your growth process along the path towards Self discovery. The one piece of advice I can give almost everyone is the realization that you are more powerful than you will ever know. You are capable of fulfilling your dreams if you are willing to step outside your comfort zone.